Fixate French Toast w/ Strawberry Topping
You will need :
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 TBsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 8 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread
- 1 cup strawberry topping
- Combine almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Transfer mixture to a shallow pan.
- Dip each slice of bread into almond milk mixture, soaking for 10 seconds on each side. Place on wire rack to absorb and drain excess egg mixture.
- Heat cast iron (or nonstick) skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray; cook two slices of bread for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat, lightly coating skillet with spray and adding 2 slices of bread for each batch.
- Top french toasts with 1/4 cup of strawberry topping (equivalent to 2 TBsp. per toast) and enjoy!
Portions: 4 (2 slices toast + 1/4 cup strawberry topping)
Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 186 mg
Sodium: 417 mg
Carbs: 54 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 19 g
Proteins: 15 g